276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Strange Trails

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hand-Numbered Limited Edition - Limited to only 1,000 copies, each individual record has been hand-numbered. I believe I happened on Lord Huron's Lonesome Dreams LP based on an end of year “best of” list a few years ago – I don’t recall which one, but likely Rolling Stone, NPR, or Entertainment Weekly. I never heard them on the radio and probably would never have discovered them otherwise – one of the great things I love about those lists. This one I became aware of via Spotify’s New Music Tuesday – another great way to discover new music Lonesome Dreams was a very good album, but Strange Trails is a great album. Oh God what have War on Drugs done? This is the second new album this week which is under the impression that it’s totally fine to blatantly reference Bruce Springsteen and John Cougar Mellencamp. At one point in history they’d be shot for this but the trailblazing War on Drugs have made it ok….so it’s ok. Gold-Metallic 180-Gram Vinyl - Each record is pressed onto 180 grams of gold-metallic audiophile grade vinyl. The heavier weight steadies the record and ensures consistency in pressing and promises the highest fidelity reproduction of the source recording.

a b Brodsky, Rachel (May 7, 2015). "SPIN Overlooked Albums Report: Young Guv's Power-Pop, Lord Huron's Folk Revival, and More". Spin . Retrieved April 19, 2017. Like Lonesome Dreams, it seems the songs on Strange Trails are connected. Lonesome Dreams the songs are wide ranging and the world is huge. To my ear, the songs in Strange Trails are much more connected and taking place in a smaller more connected part of the world created by Lord Huron. The songs, while very different, have an overall similar sound which to me seems to connect them even closer. EXCLUSIVE - Limited Edition release specifically created for Lord Huron's top fans on Spotify and only sold on Merchbar.com

Thank You!

a b Johnston, Abby (October 2, 2015). "ACL Fest 2015 - Review: Lord Huron". Austin Chronicle . Retrieved April 19, 2017. Music Direct reserves the right to change the terms of this promotion or discontinue this offer at any time. Songs 8-13 are also amazing and the world of Strange Trails is something you want to hear more and more of. Cursed is also one of my favorite songs on the CD and one I can hit repeat over and over again. a b Sharpe, Christopher T. (April 6, 2015). "Album Review: Lord Huron - Strange Trails". Drowned in Sound. Archived from the original on April 20, 2017 . Retrieved April 19, 2017.

Strange Trails, the highly anticipated new album from Lord Huron, will be released April 7th via IAMSOUND Records. Strange Trails is the follow up to Lord Huron's breakout debut Lonesome Dreams, which received widespread critical acclaim and was included in various 2012 'Best Of' lists. The new record was written and produced by frontman Ben Schneider and recorded at the band's own Whispering Pines studio in Los Angeles. Strange Trails is an anthology of weird fiction - a new collection of tales from the world introduced on Lonesome Dreams. Schneider explains, 'There's no direct narrative connection between the two albums. The stories here are separated by time, location and characters. Many of the themes have carried over and evolved.' Originally a musical and visual solo project by Michigan-native-turned-Angeleno Schneider, members now include Mark Barry, Miguel Briseno and Tom Renaud. After a pair of EPs, their debut album Lonesome Dreams was released in 2012, followed by extensive touring both stateside and abroad, as well as appearances at major festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Firefly Music Festival, Newport Folk Festival and more. a b Hogwood, Ben (April 8, 2015). "Lord Huron - Strange Trails". musicOMH . Retrieved April 19, 2017. a b Conner, Matt (April 13, 2015). "Strange Trails - Under the Radar". Under the Radar . Retrieved April 19, 2017.a b Donelson, Marcy (April 6, 2017). "Strange Trails - Lord Huron (Review)". AllMusic . Retrieved April 19, 2017.

My description of this album is about as mysterious as the music I suppose - it is difficult to describe and a style which I find hard to classify. But listen to songs like “Way Out There” and you’ll know if it is for you. Springsteen like, yes, but with an underlying otherworldliness and sadness to the song that makes it Lord Huron’s own. “Love Like Ghost’s” is similar - gentle, sad, and haunting. Along the same lines, the beautiful “Frozen Pines” and, a little faster, the wonderful “Louisa.” Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. a b Zimmerman, Lee (April 6, 2015). "Lord Huron - Strange Trails". Blurt . Retrieved April 19, 2017. UPDATE | Their answer: "Newbury Comics won't be responsible for any variation in the appearance of the vinyl" as this is "part of the manufacturing process". Whether this is something affecting every copy out there remains still unclear.There is something almost otherworldly about Lord Huron’s music, as though it fell through an interstitial rip from another America sounding like nothing else I’ve ever heard - beautiful, yearning, shimmering, and a little sinister. Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. a b Paul, John (April 9, 2015). "Lord Huron: Strange Trails". PopMatters . Retrieved April 19, 2017.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment