276°
Posted 20 hours ago

D&G DG THE ONE FOR MEN EDP, 50ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Despite the claim from Dolce & Gabbana about a relatively simple spicy oriental fragrance, it is far from that in a vein of complex and full-bodied woody oriental scent enjoyable by almost anyone thanks to the rich inclusion of additional spices, citruses, and aromatic herbs. As a young adult, Domenico moved to Milan to study at the fashion design school Istituto Marangoni, which he dropped out before graduating. Throughout the years, Dolce and Gabbana have released some of the most iconic fragrances both on men’s and women’s sides.

One thing that’s also important to touch on when we think about D&G is their inspirations and style that come from thrift shop bohemian style and animal prints for which they are known for. Unfortunately, even here, the experience of longevity and sillage are relatively short-lived and sits around the skin for a maximum of seven hours if the conditions are just right. Dolce and Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum was created in 2015 by master perfumer Olivier Polge as an enhanced, denser version of the fragrance to create another masculine classic. In the 1990s, Dolce and Gabbana started to export their products to the United States and opened their first store in Japan. The base is rich, with intense tobacco, sensual ambery notes, and warm cedarwood creating a deep and lasting impression.What gave it immersed popularity in the broader audience was a better performance than the 2008 Eau de Toilette original while keeping the same scent profile. Dolce and Gabbana The One Eau de Toilette – a spicy oriental fragrance released in 2008. The main notes include amber, tobacco, and ginger. The lasting power is 3 – 5 hours with soft projection. The pair founded a designer consulting studio in 1982 that grew into the Dolce & Gabbana label by 1985and presented the first women’s collection in the same year, called “ Real Women“. What I didn’t like about the original was the poor performance, and like many others, I wished for the same fragrance but with better longevity and projection.

The oil concentration has been increased, and the fragrance is even oilier and denser. The semi-bitter grapefruit sits on top of fresh and aromatic notes of basil and coriander that surprisingly smell just like they would when taking a fresh smell of actual seeds and herbs. Fantastic opening. Dolce and Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum is sold in three different concentrations: 50 ml, 100 ml, and 150 ml. Personally, because of the denser perfume oil concentration, I am a big fan of the slightly citrusy neroli note that blossoms here along with an annotation of the tobaccoish amber accord. The One Eau de Parfum is a spicy oriental fragrance with main notes of tobacco, amber, and ginger while Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boiée is and woody spicy fragrance with main notes of iris, sandalwood, and woody notes. Gentleman Eau de Parfum Boiée is a stronger and more projecting fragrance from The One Eau de Parfum with 8 – 10 hours of longevity and moderate projection. This insures that the base stays linear and interesting until the fragrance disappears from the skin which is perfect for occasions such as dates, and even for office wear. PerformanceIn the few first hours of wearing The One I have always received positive comments on how good I smell, and so will you. There’s no denying that.

What are your thoughts aboutDolce and Gabbana The One Eau de Parfum ?Have you tried it? Do you like it?Let’s start a conversation and let me know in the comment section below. In my opinion, The One EDP has one if not the best fragrance bottles in the designer realm of perfumery and is an instant classic.

What’s even more interesting to us, the perfume hobbyists is that in 1992 with the launch of their men’s collection, the first D&G perfume for men was released – Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme. Many fragrances of today are usually wearable for both genders. Because of its popularity in the men’s population, and its general praise as one of the best close encounter dating fragrances, I always think of The One as male only scent. So, here is where the audience is divided between Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum. Because of the stronger warmer notes in Eau de Parfum, no longer is it wearable in the summer evening which made the original so versatile. The transition to the heart is smooth and well-balanced. The initial aromatic spiciness from basil and coriander slightly lingers off while the grapefruit balances the hot and spicy introduction of freshly cut ginger.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment